By Country

Sunday 8 March 2009

Nike

Here for another instalment? Well since no one visits here you can't be, but if you're reading this then you are, which begs the question if a tree falls in the wood and no one is around to witness it, does the tree make a noise?

Well I am babbling a lot, but it is what I do best, and if you've read the previous articles I am sure you are aware of this.

This time I have made a template for a range of Nike football teams. I had tried to keep in within what define as typically Nike, radical up to date sports designs with a modern edge, pushing boundaries and all that malarkey. Some of my all time favourite kits are Nike, especially the Total90 range and the range used at the Japan/Korea World Cup such as the Korean and Croatian designs. Which is why for my own design I have made sure to use influences of these, namely the name patch on the back. Also in keeping with the Nike way, I have used a lot of sharp corners and well rounded edges.

The biggest flaw with the design is that the space for sponsor logos on the front is minimal but I am sure this could be modified and still look good and give maximum space for logos.

All the kits of the range have their own personal symbol on the back of the shirt just below where the number is located and also employ a small rounded turn-up collar much like that of the England home kit from a few years before.

I have kept details rather sparse on this range opting not to use a shadow illusion of any sort on them to highlight other features on the kit.

Here are a few of the ones I am particularly pleased with:

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic template each shirt looks superb and the player name and number font is class.

    ReplyDelete