By Country

Thursday 28 May 2009

Terek Grozny

Hello, what team do we have today? Aaah yes, Terek Grozny of the Russian Premier League, a league which I have a bit of a love affair with, well I have a great admiration for all Slavic countries but Russia is one I especially love, so you're bound to see a lot more stuff from there in the future posted on here.

Terek Grozny are a team from the Chechnya region of Russia in the south, bordering Georgia and other semi-autonomous republics such as Dagestan and Ingushetia of which I am sure you have heard of on the news due to the war and violence that has gone on there. Until only this season has the team returned to play in Grozny, the capital of the region, before they played in Pyatigorsk, Stavropol Krai.

Due to this I wanted to create something nice for a team and a region that deserve more than just being known for war.

Terek traditionally play in all green, a prominent colour in Chechnya as it is the main colour of the Chechen flag. I wanted to give the shirt a bit of regional pride so I threw caution to the wind and added some red which also features upon the flag. I know, I know, "red and green should never be seen..." but hopefully the amount of red is quite minute and not hugely noticable.

Since my last kit, Dynamo Kiev, was quite retro looking, I decided I wanted a return to my more preferred modern look to shirts so I have ditched the symetrical look which seems to usually give shirts a much more modern feel. I also made sure it had some shape angles which can be seen with the spikes on the back.

The collar was sort of inspired by an old umbro Everton (spits) shirt, the collar looked like it had a piece missing and I thought that looked really cool so wanted to try something similar.

The shorts and socks are very unimaginative, even I think so, I really lost my inspiration there just couldn't think of anything.

I have also added a little personal touch with Chechen writing around the collar, I can't exactly remember what it means now, but I am sure it says something quite inspirational!!!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, I can't say I am a huge fan of it though.


No comments:

Post a Comment